Assignment No. 5 – Combinational Functions & Circuits
1. Design a 4-to-16-line decoder with enable using five 2-to-4 line decoders
2. Design an 8-to-1-line multiplexer using a 3-to-8-line decoder and an 8 x
3. Repeat (2) using two 4-1-line multiplexers and one 2-to-1-line
4. A combinational circuit is defined by the following three Boolean
Design the circuit with a decoder and external OR gates.
5. Implement the following Boolean function with an 8-to-1-line multiplexer
and a single inverter with variable D as its input:
6. Implement the Boolean function:
with a 4-to-1-line multiplexer and external gates. Connect inputs A and B to the selection lines. The input requirements for the four data lines will be a function of the variables C and D. The values of these variables are obtained by expressing F as a function of C and D for each of the four cases when AB = 00. 01, 10, and 11 (divide your truth table into groups of two rows each). These functions must be implemented with external gates.
7. Solve problem (6) using two 3-to-8-line decoders with enables, and
inverter, and OR gates with a maximum fan-in of 4.