CIS 1 - Kurtz Santa Monica College
WINDOWS ASSIGNMENT 1
This assignment assumes that you are running Windows 7. If you have a more recent version of Windows on the computer that you are using, please refer to your manual or use a Windows 7 campus computer for this assignment.
- If necessary, launch Windows 7 and log on to the computer.
- Click the Start button.
- Point to All Programs on the Start menu, click on Accessories on the All Programs submenu, and click Notepad on the Accessories submenu. The Untitled – Notepad window will display and an insertion point (flashing vertical line) will display in the blank area below the menu bar.
- Type the following:
CIS 1, Windows Assignment 1
- Press the ENTER key twice to insert a blank line.
- Type Today’s Homework Assignments – Thursday and then press the ENTER key twice.
- Type 1. Math – Complete even problems on page 98 and check answers then press the ENTER key.
- Type 2. English – Develop research paper outline and then press the ENTER key.
- Type 3. Science – Read chapter 9 and do end of chapter questions and then press the ENTER key.
- Type 4. History – Bring two Internet articles about Henry David Thoreau to class and then press the ENTER key.
- Save the document as a file on your flash drive as assig1.txt.
- Upload your file into the Windows Assignment 1 folder in the eCompanion drop box.